iRobot’s Roomba 690 is one of the best robot vacuum cleaners in the 600 series of the brand. It is a cost-effective model that is installed with various new-gen features like mobile app linking, Wi-Fi support, and on-time cleaning sessions.
This utilitarian product works with the help of iRobot Roomba 690 Vacuum Battery, and ideal to be used with the original vacuums. It is a great replacement battery for the genuine parts and surpasses the manufacturer’s parameters. This battery comes with a 1-year warranty and 30-days refund assurance.
- The battery is made from exclusive Li-ion technology
- Diverse compatibility with vacuum models
- Durable and Efficient
- Energy and Resource saving
|Roomba 615||Roomba 640||Roomba 652||Roomba 665||Roomba 670||Roomba 671|
|Roomba 675||Roomba 677||Roomba 680||Roomba 681||Roomba 685||Roomba 690|
|Roomba 691||Roomba 695||Roomba 696||Roomba 801||Roomba 805||Roomba 850|
|Roomba 860||Roomba 877||Roomba 890||Roomba 891||Roomba 895||Roomba 896|
|Roomba 960||Roomba 965||Roomba 980||Roomba 985|
The lithium-ion technology used in the making of these batteries can be a bit expensive in the initial stages. But the Li-ion batteries can last 4 times longer, perform well, and retain its ability and charge for double the time than other battery compositions (like Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, etc.)
Roomba Battery Charge Process
If you observe your Roomba 690 performing slower than it’s usual pace, there are slight chances of battery getting discharged and exhausted. It is a sign, shown by the robot, that the battery needs to get charged.
The charging process of the battery should include the following pointers:
- While using a battery charger, ensure that after plugging in the power indicator light turns bright green
- If using a Home Base/ dock charger, the power indicator must flicker in every 4-second after plugging in. Make sure that this continues for a few times before leaving the cleaner robot. Also, for a few dock chargers, the light goes off after a few flickers; this is done for conserving power.
- Few robots might even show red or yellow light on the ‘Clean’ button during the charging. While few others turn the lights off after a minute of charging but will carry on with charge.
- After the charging is finished, the ‘Clean’ button on the Roomba lights up in green shade automatically or after the device is turned on.
- The battery use frequency, age, flooring type, and room temperature are variables that impact the battery runtime and life.
Replacing the iRobot Roomba 690 Vacuum Battery
With adequate care, your iRobot Roomba 690 Vacuum Battery can last for countless cleaning cycles prior to asking for a replacement. Given below, are a few battery upkeep tips that will assist you in extending the battery life and runtime with its performance
- Put the Robot to work: The Roomba 690 replacement battery is observed to last longer when used at regular intervals
- Clean your Roomba: The brushes and axels work tirelessly to clean your house floors. Therefore, you must remember to maintain hygiene and clean the robot to get rid of blocking hair strands or other dirt particles.
- Use the Dock: If you own a Home Base for your Roomba 690, then keep the robot docked and charging, when not in use. If you do not own any dock chargers, make sure that the Roomba is kept on a charge through other charging ports.
- Correct Charging: Ensure that the charging measures are appropriate while plugging the Roomba vacuum cleaner in. A bright green light should turn on on the charger/ Home Base and the device.
- Prevent Low Battery: See though that the cleaner is returned to charge before the battery gets fully discharged. Leaving the vacuum robot unplugged for 24 hours or more can be detrimental for the battery.
- Keep it on Smooth surface: The Home Base or the Roomba’s location should be placed on a hard and smooth surface while charging. Mase sure that the device and dock/ charger have enough ventilation space. Prevent placing either gadget for charging on/ near the rug and carpets.
- Storage: The charged device should always be placed in a dry and cool place. Avoid keeping the Roomba 690 under direct sunrays and near heat sources like radiators, windows, other appliances, and heating vents.
- Remove the Replaceable Battery: When not in use, take the battery out of the Roomba after completely charging it. This should be done when the use of the device is due for a few upcoming weeks. Ensure that the iRobot Roomba 690 Vacuum Battery is kept in a dry and cool spot. You can replace the battery when you need to use the device.
A few other maintenance tips would include resting the Roomba and its battery for getting an enhanced performance. This is done by pressing the power or ‘Clean’ button for a minimum of 5 seconds before releasing it. Following this, remove the battery and charge it to 100%.
The bottom line would be that this replaceable battery has a good value for money. Being a replacement battery, it provides increased work efficiency for a longer time than original batteries. If you are looking for an effective substitution for the expensive real batteries, then these are exactly what you might be looking for. Furthermore, they provide excellent cleaning support and easier daily functioning. Also, they come wrapped with an appealing warranty policy for the first year of product use. Overall, the iRobot Roomba 690 vacuum battery is a very good aftermarket part for the price.